Tuesday, October 20, 2009

How to end a day...

I am learning so many things about myself lately. I have learned that as a single mom of three small children there are often two ways I end a day. Grateful I survived, or approaching a break down. In this there are different states of mind as well. The grateful I survived comes in two varieties; contemplating my plan of attack for the next day, or contemplating joining the circus. There are also two types of break downs for me. I have the over whelmed and under paid break down, and the lonely, heartbroken break down. I prefer the first of these. But no matter how each day ends, it does end. And no matter how bad it was today, tomorrow will give it a run for its money. One thing is for sure though, I love my life. Even in every twisted form of chaos. Even when I leave tear stains on my pillow case some nights I always wake up to a smile... three of them actually. I know that love and families don't come in a cookie cutter shape. And I like ours just fine for now!

P.S. Today we got Shayne's Halloween costume. She's going to be a witch. If you ask her what she's going to be she makes sure to tell you she's going to be a "good witch". I asked her why she wanted to be a good witch and she says "because bad witches do bad things, and good witches do good things." I smiled and agreed. Just then Gabe chimes in to remind Shayne where she learned this excellent piece of wisdom "remember I told you that Shayne!" He's so wise!

1 comment:

Mike&JenFamily said...

Hi Sister! How are you? Thanks so much for reminding me that we are the ones that decide if we are going to happy or not. I know it sounds so simple but really its easy to forget how bless and lucky we are.
Shayne is going to be the cutest Witch I know! What are the other kids going to be? Love ya