Sunday, October 18, 2009

Normal??

There are so many times as a parent when I do something, or my child does something and I wonder, "is this normal"? I love having friends and family with kids cause they help me feel normal a bit. Even though sometimes it may just be to make me feel better. :) Here are some examples of an "is this normal" moment:

We get home from a run to the store and my 3 year old son drops his pants in the front parking lot and pee's on the sidewalk. I came back around the corner just in time to see the fountain works and screech!

I was holding my almost 2 year old son one day and he bit me on the shoulder. I'm not sure if he was teething or just pestering me but it caught just the smallest bit of skin and hurt so bad. I yelped in pain and, purely out of reaction, I smacked him on the forehead! As soon as I did it I felt horrible, cause under normal circumstances I usually make it a goal not to smack my kids!

I leave walmart wanting to call CPS on myself or at least wondering why there isn't a MPS (mommy protective services)

My 4 year old daughter has an imaginary sister.

There are a million more examples I'm sure but these are what I can think of off the top of my head. I know that being raised by just a mommy makes some of our circumstances different from others but it still leaves a person to wonder... WHAT IS NORMAL??

No comments: