Friday, October 9, 2009

Oh, to be a goose...

Have you ever watched a mother goose with her goslings? She has them all around her as she leads them where they need to go. They know they are supposed to follow her, that she feeds them and keeps them safe. So, I'm wondering why aren't people like that? If I was a mother goose and had to go to the store this would be an easy task. I could just walk up and down the isles and get the things I need and my little goslings would just follow. There would never be a need for a "code yellow" (for anyone who hasn't lost a kid, momentarily, in a store; please stop reading my blog.) there would be no threats of losing toys when we get home. It would be so pleasant. Now, I'm not an expert on Geese but I don't think that little goslings stay up all night with ear infections, I doubt they have bad dreams, they don't wet the bed, and they don't get the flu (well, maybe they do. We've all heard of the bird flu.)

I guess my point with all of this is that I have been sitting here thinking that no matter how I try to teach my kids what they need to know, or how they need to act it isn't really a natural thing. I wonder why that is? I suppose it would be too easy. I guess the Lord wants us to learn and grow as parents as well. Maybe being a goose isn't all its cracked up to be. Besides, I doubt any goose has a son who really thinks he's batman. I guess I'll stick with my life after all, being a goose just sounds far too boring.

No comments: