Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas plans

A while back I came to the realization that I'm gonna have to lose the kids for some of the holidays. Coming from a VERY family oriented background you can only pretend to imagine my devastation on this topic. I cried, no sobbed for over an hour at the very thought of waking up Christmas morning and being alone, or being with extended family and watching them enjoy their children and me not having mine. I'm sure that my over-active imagination played up the scenario a bit but nonetheless it was a tramatic realization. So, after coming to grips with what was going to inevitably happen, I came up with the plan that if my ex husband and I could just get along and play nice for the last few holidays of the year, I wouldn't have to lose the kids for a christmas for two years. So we tried... and we failed. We made it through Halloween, and by the time Thanksgiving was over we both were "locked and loaded" per say.

Christmas next year will be so hard on me... but at least I have a year to prepare myself.

No comments: